Dr. Topi Miettinen
Max Planck Institute of Economics,
Strategic Interaction Group
Kahlaische Straße 10
This page is not maintained anymore since February 2008. Please visit the new website of Dr. Topi Miettinen.
- Ph.D. in Economics, University College London, UK, 2006.
- Master of Social Sciences, Economics, University of Helsinki, Finland, 2001.
- Since 10/2006: Research associate, Max Planck Institute of Economics , Strategic Interaction Group, Jena, Germany.
- 1/2005-10/2006: Researcher, RUESG, Department of Economics, University of Helsinki, Finland.
- 9/2001-9/2006: PhD Student and Teaching assistant, Department of Economics, University College London, UK
- Commitment and conflict in bilateral bargaining (with Tore Ellingsen). Forthcoming in American Economic Review
- Learning Foundation for the Cursed Equilibrium
- Promises and Conventions - An Approach to Pre-play Agreements. Max Planck Institute of Economics Papers on Strategic Interaction 29-2006.
- Political Parties, Rent-seeking and Networks (with Panu Poutvaara)
- Moral hazard and clear conscience
Work in progressTheory
- Timing of commitment in bilateral bargaining (with Tore Ellingsen)
- Analogy-based expectations and commitment in bargaining
- Analogy-based learning when observing one’s success
- Reciprocity and golden ratio
- Procedural fairness or mere reciprocity? (with Nadine Chlaß and Werner Güth)
- Belief in an unkind world (with Vittoria Levati and Birendra Kumar Rai)