Dr. Prashanth Mahagaonkar
|Senior Research Fellow|
Max Planck Institute of Economics,
Entrepreneurship, Growth and Public Policy Group
Kahlaische Straße 10
This page is not maintained anymore since March 2010.
|March 2009||Dr rer oec (Summa cum laude) from Schumpeter School of Business and Economics, Bergische Universität Wuppertal|
|Sep 2006 - March 2009||Doctoral studies (Dr rer oec) at the Schumpeter School of Economics and Business, University of Wuppertal and Friedrich-Schiller Universty of Jena in collaboration with the Max Plank Institute of Economics|
|July 2004 - January 2006||Research Scholar-Economics, Department of Humanities and Social Sciences, Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay, India|
|2002 - 2004||M.A Economics, University of Hyderabad, Hyderabad India|
|1999 - 2002||B. Sc (Honors) Economics, Sri Sathya Sai Institute of Higher Learning, Prashanti Nilayam, Andhra Pradesh, India|
- Financing of Small and Medium Enterprises
- Geography of Finance
- Innovation Financing Strategy
Work in Progress
- "Sectoral R&D intensity and Exchange Rate Volatility: A Cross-Country Analysis" (Jointly with Rainer Schweickert and Aditya Chavali)
- Testing the Modigliani-Miller theorem directly in the lab: a general equilibrium approach (JERP:2008-056) by Prashanth Mahagaonkar & Jianying Qiu
- Corruption and Innovation: A Grease or Sand relationship? (JERP:2008-017) by Prashanth Mahagaonkar
- What do Scientists Want: Money or Fame? (2008-032) by Devrim Göktepe & Prashanth Mahagaonkar
- Nascent Entrepreneurs, Innovation and Financing Constraints (DRUID Working Papers with number 07-09) by David B. Audretsch & Werner Bönte & Prashanth Mahagaonkar
|November 2005 - January 2006||Research Associate, Shailesh.J. Mehta School of Management, Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay
Project Title: Wadhwani Foundation sponsored project 'Capital structure and Innovation in High Technology Small and Medium Enterprises'
|August 2004 - February 2005||Indian Institute of Technology 'Institute Fellowship'
Project Title: 'Globalization, ICTs and Industrial Restructuring in India'
|January 2004 - March 2004||Project Staff, Department of Economics, University of Hyderabad
Project Title: 'UGC- Advanced Micro-level Village Data Collection for Socio-Economic conditions of Serilingampally Municipality, Hyderabad'
|April 2003 - August 2003||Research Associate, National Institute of Small Industry Extension Training (an organization of the Ministry of Small Scale Industries, Government of India), Hyderabad, India
Project Title: 'Industrial Potential Survey for the Tribal Districts of Chattisgarh State, India'
|August 2004 - February 2005||Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay, 'Institute Fellowship' for working on a sponsored project at the institute|
- Göktepe-Hulten, D. and Mahagaonkar, P. (Forthcoming), Inventing and patenting activities of scientists: in the expectation of money or reputation?, Journal of Technology Transfer, Springer. (Paper)
- Financial Signalling by Innovative Nascent Entrepreneurs, With David B. Audretsch and Werner Boente, CEPR Discussion paper series DP7165; JERP Series 2009-012; Schumpeter School discussion papers SDP 2009-001.
- What do Scientists Want: Money or Fame? With Devrim Göktepe-Hulten, JERP Discussion paper series 2008-032
- Regional Financial System and the Financial Structure of Small Firms, JERP Discussion paper series 2009-011
- Testing the Modigliani-Miller theorem directly in the lab: a general equilibrium approach, with Jianying Qiu. JERP Discussion paper series 2008-056
- M.Prashanth. 'Corruption and Innovation: A Grease or Sand relationship?' Published in the Jena Economic Research Papers 2008-017
- Mahagaonkar, P & Narayanan, K. (2007). Capital Structure Dynamics: Are Young and Small Firms Different?, in S. Bhargava (ed.), Developmental Aspects of Entrepreneurship, Sage Publications: New Delhi (Book)
- K. Narayanan, V.V. Mandke and M.Prashanth (2005) 'A Process Model for Decision Making in Stock Markets - An Information Integrity Approach', Paradigm, Vol 9 (1), Institute of Management Technology, New Delhi.
- M.Prashanth and V. B. N. S. Madduri. 'The Role of FDI in Exhaustible Resources for Sustainable Development' Presented at the All India Conference on Indian Economy under the New Policy: Lessons, Challenges & Prospects. Sri Sathya Sai Institute of Higher Learning, Prashanti Nilayam, India, December 2003.
- B. Jayaram, M.Prashanth and Umashankar Patnaik. 'Sectoral Factor Demand, Output and Productivity Trends in Pre-reform vs. Post-reform Period: An Input-Output Analysis' Presented at the XII All India Input-Output Conference, IORA Society, University of Hyderabad, February 2003
- Mahagaonkar, P.(Forthcoming), "Money and Ideas": Four Studies on Finance, Innovation and the Business Life-Cycle, Springer: New York