Dr. Alessio Moneta
Max Planck Institute of Economics,
Evolutionary Economics Group
Kahlaische Straße 10
|personal web page:||https://mail.sssup.it/~amoneta/|
This page is not maintained anymore.
|2004-2006:||Research Fellow, Laboratory of Economics and Management, Sant'Anna School of Advanced Studies, Pisa, Italy.|
|2004:||PhD in Economics, Sant'Anna School of Advanced Studies, Pisa, Italy.|
|2001-2004:||Visiting Scholar: Carnegie Mellon University, University Carlos III, Erasmus University Rotterdam.|
|1999:||Master on Management of Innovation, Sant'Anna School of Advanced Studies, Pisa.|
|1998:||Laurea degree in Philosophy, University of Pisa.|
- Current research: Household consumption patterns, causal inference in nonparametric settings, graphical causal models, methodology of econometrics.
- Research interests: Empirical demand analysis, causality, philosophy of economics.
Recent Working Papers
- Chai, A. and A. Moneta (2011), "Back to Engel? Some evidence for the hierarchy of needs", Papers on Economics and Evolution.
- Barigozzi, M. and A. Moneta (2011), "The Rank of a System of Engel Curves. How Many Common Factors?", Papers on Economics and Evolution.
- Moneta, A., D. Entner, P. Hoyer and A. Coad (2010) "Causal Inference by Independent Component Analysis with Applications to Micro- and Macroeconomic Data", Jena Economic Research Papers.
- Manig, C. and A. Moneta (2009) "More or Better? Quality versus Quantity in Food Consumption", Papers on Economics and Evolution.
- Chai, A. and A. Moneta (2008), "Satiation, Escaping Satiation, and Structural Change: Some Evidence from the Evolution of Engel Curves", Papers on Economics and Evolution.
- Chai, A. and A. Moneta (2008), "At the origins of Engel curves estimation", Papers on Economics and Evolution.
- Chai, A. and A. Moneta (2008), "Comparing Shapes of Engel Curves", Jena Economic Research Papers.
- Moneta, A., N. Chlaß, D. Entner, P. Hoyer (2011), Causal Search in Structural Vector Autoregressive Models, in Journal of Machine Learning Research: Workshop and Conference Proceedings, 12:95-114.
- Chai, A. and A. Moneta (2010), Retrospectives: Engel Curves, Journal of Economic Perspectives, 24(1), 225-240.
- Chlaß, N. and A. Moneta (2010), Can Graphical Causal Inference Be Extended to Nonlinear Settings? An Assessment of Conditional Independence Tests, in M. Dorato, M. Rédei, M. Suárez (eds.) EPSA Epistemology and Methodology of Science, Springer Verlag, pp. 63-72.
- Chai, A. and A. Moneta (2009), Comparing shapes of Engel curves, Economics Bulletin, 29(2), 1164-1170.
- Moneta, A. (2008), Graphical causal models and VARs: an empirical assessment of the real business cycles hypothesis, Empirical Economics, 35(2), 275-300.
- Moneta, A. (2007), Mediating between causes and probabilities: the use of graphical models in econometrics, in J. Williamson and F. Russo (eds.), Causality and Probability in the Sciences, College Publications, London , 109-129.
- Fagiolo, F., A. Moneta, and P. Windrum (2007), A Critical Guide to Empirical Validation of Agent-Based Economics Models: Methodologies, Procedures, and Open Problems, Computational Economics, 30, 195-226.
- Moneta, A. (2005), Causality in macroeconometrics: some considerations about reductionism and realism, Journal of Economic Methodology, 12(3), 433-453.
- Moneta, A. (2005), Some peculiarities of the concept of causality in macroeconometrics, History of Economic Ideas, 13(3), 57-82.
- Moneta, A. (2004), Identification of monetary policy shocks: a graphical causal approach, Notas Económicas, 20, 39-62.