Dr. Ori Weisel
Max Planck Institute of Economics,
Strategic Interaction Group
Kahlaische Straße 10
This page is not maintained anymore since november 2013.
- Ph.D., Social Psychology and Program in Rationality, Hebrew University of Jerusalem, 2011
- M.A., Cognitive Science (Magna Cum Laude), Hebrew University of Jerusalem, 2005
- B.A., Humanities (interdisciplinary program; Magna Cum Laude) and Computer Science (double major), 2002
- Experimental game theory
- Decision making under uncertainty
- Inter-group relations
- Salomon Israel, Ori Weisel, Richard Ebstein & Gary Bornstein. Oxytocin, but not Vasopressin, Increases both Parochial and Universal Altruism (2012). Psychoneuroendocrinology.
- Nir Halevy, Ori Weisel & Gary Bornstein (2011). In-Group "Love" and Out-Group "Hate" in Repeated Interaction between Groups: Overcoming a History of Conflict. Journal of Behavioral Decision Making.
- Gary Bornstein & Ori Weisel (2010). Punishment, Cooperation, and Cheater Detection in "Noisy" Social Exchange. Games. 1, 18-33.
- Sole instructor
- Game Theory – Theory, Applications, and Behavior, Wingate Institute, 2010
- Teaching assistant, Hebrew University
- Introduction to Statistics and Methodology (Department of Psychology, 2006-2010)
- Psychology of Decision Making (Center for the Study of Rationality, 2008)
- Introduction to Logic for Cognitive Science (Department of Cognitive Science, 2003-2006)
- Advanced Logic (Introduction to Meta-Logic) (Department of Philosophy, 2003)
- Teaching assistant, International Max Planck Research School on Adapting Behavior in a Fundamentally Uncertain World
- Logic and Games (week-long course given as part of the IMPRS-Uncertainty Summer School, 2010)